I am so excited to have another year as school counselor with the awesome students of Kennard I.S.D. After 25 years as an educator, the exictement and anticipation of another year of student growth remains constant. The 2018-2019 school year is here. Welcome back!
Empowering students to reach their highest level of achievement by enhancing their academic, social and emptional learning. With our guidance lessons that focus on Character Education and Self-Regulation skills plus our school-wide incentives that encourage safe and respectful behavior, our goal is to empower each student with life-long tools to one day become productive members of society.
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14
Your school counselor believes that...
- Children are special.
- Children deserve dignity.
- Children learn best when they feel safe.
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Childhood habits and attitudes formed during elementary school often stick.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- Agrees with Aristotle that, educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.