We are excited about the 2018-2019 school year. We look forward to collaborating with all parents, students, administrators, and staff to make this year an eventful journey for all Kennard I.S.D.students.
The school counseling program, when fully implemented, will provide:
- Opportunities for students to receive counseling and guidance in the academic, career, and personal areas
- Assistance for students to become responsible adults who can develop realistic and fulfilling life plans based on clear understanding of themselves and their needs, interests, and skills
- Support for students to develop positive character traits and skills to become productive citizens
We at Kennard I.S.D. also believe:
- Accountability by using data to drive program development and evaluation
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
We are here to serve you in the following ways:
- The diverse needs of all students must be addressed through the guidance and counseling program.
- College/career counseling
- Information regarding high school graduation plans, course selections, etc.
- Personal issues (problems at home and/or school)
- Referrals for one-on-one/group counseling to outside programs/organizations
- Information about local resources for basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, etc.)
- Referrals for special programs (Special Education, 504, Gifted/Talented, etc.)
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy Gladden
I am so excited to have another year as school counselor with the awesome students of Kennard I.S.D. After 25 years as an educator, the exictement and anticipation of another year of student growth remains constant. The 2018-2019 school year is here. Welcome back!
Guidance Motto: Empowering students to reach their highest level of achievement by enhancing their academic, social and emptional learning. With our guidance lessons that focus on Character Education and Self-Regulation skills plus our school-wide incentives that encourage safe and respectful behavior, our goal is to empower each student with life-long tools to one day become productive members of society.
Favorite Quote: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14
Your school counselor believes that...
- Children are special.
- Children deserve dignity.
- Children learn best when they feel safe.
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Childhood habits and attitudes formed during elementary school often stick.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- Agrees with Aristotle that, educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.